In March and April, students in primary, middle, and high school competed and were recognized in state science competitions.
Our Science Olympiad Division B Team (middle school division) proudly represented BIM at the state finals after placing in regional competitions. The top six event teams/partners were recognized:
- 2nd Place Machines | Caden Z. '25, Phoenix D. '25
- 3rd Place Digital Structures | Brandon D. '26, Phoenix D. '25
- 3rd Place Heredity | William D. '26, Kaavya B. '25
- 4th Place Helicopter | Mohan P. '27, Kameron L. '27
- 5th Place Circuit Lab | Caden S. '25, Oliver W. '26
- 5th Place Code Buster | William D. '26, Rebecca C. '27, Sophia W. '27
- 6th Place Density Lab | Caden Z. '25, Abhiram G. '26
- 6th Place Water Quality | Anika K. '25, Carson S. '26
Learn more about Science Olympiad Division B in our earlier blog here.
For Division A (grades 3-5) of the Virginia Science Olympiad, only one state-wide event is held each year. This season, 10 students placed in the top 10 of their event:
- 3rd Place Wright Stuff | Dhilan S. ’30, Max M. ’30
- 4th Place Write It CAD It | Sophia M. ’30, Sherveen R. ’30
- 8th Place Chopper Challenge | Ava K. ’30, Shenghan X. ’30
- 9th Place Mission Possible | Derin E. ’29, Devin S.’29
- 10th Place Reach for the Stars | Ainsley C. ’30, Emery D. ’30
Additionally, Chelsea H. '24 won second place in the Virginia State Science & Engineering Fair in the environmental sciences category for her project titled "Eastern Skunk Cabbages: A Natural and Sustainable Solution for Combating Bank Erosion."
Congrats, Red-Tailed Hawks!