How Can I Get More Involved in the BASIS Independent McLean Community?
As I make e-introductions to families by grade, zip code, and feeder school, it’s been fun to watch the BASIS Independent McLean community grow. I’ve seen parents organizing everything from ice cream socials, mommy happy hours, and evening picnics in Clemyjontri Park to pool parties, bowling nights and group events at Room Escape DC. Here are five ways you can join in the fun.
- 1. Meet Other Founding Families.
2. Engage With Our Social Media. Share or comment on our Facebook posts and post your own photos from your Founding Family social events or family vacations to our events page.
3. Invite Your Friends to an Info Session. Even though we have exceeded our enrollment goals, we still have spaces in a few grades. Invite your friends to attend one of our remaining information sessions before school starts. They can register here.
4. Show Your School Pride! Wear your BASIS Independent McLean tee-shirt and display your car magnet. Don’t have one? Pick one up in the admissions office.
5. Organize an Event with Other Founding Families! Movie nights, hiking, bike rides, board game nights, book clubs, dinner parties, brunch. The possibilities are endless. Just pick a date and activity and we’ll send out the invitation.
If you have any other questions for me both as a BASIS.ed parent and as our Director of Community Relations, please feel free to e-mail me or leave them in the comments, otherwise I hope you'll attend one of my upcoming Coffee Meetings and we can talk through your questions in person.
Leave a question or comment: