As we replace our jack-o-lanterns with harvest pumpkins and prepare for the season of thanksgiving, I am thankful to be part of such a dynamic learning community. Here, at BASIS Independent McLean, I am surrounded by students, teachers, and administrators who inspire me each day.
As we shared our community with you – virtually - this year, I was able to spend even more time in classrooms – connecting and learning from our teacher and students. My hope is that their stories, their learning, and their fun have inspired your family to join us.
And, the Early Admissions application deadline of November 15 is quickly approaching! Remember that this is just the deadline for submitting the application. You still have until December 1 to complete the application and receive your child’s decision by December 10. However, with the holidays right around the corner, we know that your to-do list is growing, and the amount of time to complete tasks is shrinking. With a little planning ahead, you can do it!
Here are some tips for chipping away on your application checklist:
- Request your child’s transcripts and teacher evaluation forms:
- December 1 is the deadline for completing your child’s application, but it’s always better to submit your requests now to give yourself and your child’s teachers enough time. Note: For grades 1 and above, we need teacher evaluation forms from Math and English teacher(s) and transcripts for this year and the previous two years if applicable.
- Break down the application into parts:
- Log in and start the application. You can complete just a bit and save as you go. That 15-minute window that you have before the next Zoom webinar or Teams meeting could get you halfway through the application.
- Select a date and time for your child’s Family Meeting/Interview. This is an important part of the application. Here, we learn about your child’s interests and hobbies, as well as your family’s educational philosophy and goals.
- Submit your application! Submitting your application early gives us time to help you with any questions prior to the deadline.
Once you’re done, it is time to take a few days to relax and recharge! Please remember that our team is here to help you throughout the process, so please reach out if you have any questions. We look forward to receiving your application, and while we recognize that this holiday season will be a bit different, we hope that your family finds ways to celebrate the season of gratitude!
P.S. Haven’t attended an informational event yet? Join us Saturday, November 7 at 9:00 AM for a Virtual Information Session to learn more!