Posts about Student Perspectives

January 11, 2022

"Easy Peasy" Tips to Effectively Communicate with Your Learner

The New Year is a time for reflection, establishing new goals, embracing new passions and challenges, and connecting with loved ones. With this sentiment in mind, now is an ideal time to engage with your student about what is most important in their lives. However, for some families effectively communicating with their child is easier said than done.

Keep Reading

June 21, 2017

Student Perspectives: Destination Imagination Global Finals and National History Bee 2017


We are so excited that Arnav K., one of our BASIS Independent Fremont Bumblebees, had the opportunity to participate in two major competitions at the end of the 2016-2017 school year.  He was kind enough to pen these dispatches from his travels!

Destination Imagination Global Finals 2017

Destination Imagination is a volunteer run competition in which thousands of students compete in their regions, states, countries and internationally. You can meet many other people and compete with them. There are multiple challenges you can choose to compete in. They are: the Technical Challenge (also known as “Show and Tech”), the Scientific Challenge (known as “Top Secret”), the Engineering Challenge (known as “In It Together”), Fine Arts (known as “Vanished”), Improv (known as 3-peat), and last but not least, Service Learning (Ready, Willing and Fable). If you under 8 years old, you can do a little kid program called Rising Stars. You can choose any one of these and form a team. The listed challenges are called main challenges because they are 75% of your team’s score. The other 25% is called Instant Challenge. They give you 5-10 materials and a task to do. For example, they might give you 4 pipe cleaners, 2 straws, and mailing labels and tell you to make a structure.

Keep Reading


Inspired by the blissful feeling of uncovering connections, our blog Eureka! Fremont is about sharing moments that capture the essence of what it is to be a BASIS Independent student, teacher, administrator, or family.

Browse by Topic

Subscribe for Updates!