Our summer 2018 program will focus solely on enrichment classes for both BASIS Independent and non-BASIS Independent students entering grades 5–12 in the fall of 2018. Create your own BASIS Independent Summer experience—choose any individual week for each program, or try them all!
1. Do I have to sign up for programming for the entire summer?
NO: You can choose any individual week or weeks for all of our programs,
along with signing up for the entire summer season. Check our summer program overview for individual program scheduling. You can also take several different summer courses as long as their schedules do not conflict.
2. What enrichment classes are offered?
Math from Pre-Alegebra through Calculus
- Pre-Algebra/Algebra I Readiness (Weeks 1–6) Incoming Fall Grade 5+ (Ms. Snyder)
- Algebra II Readiness (Weeks 1–6) Incoming Fall 2018 Grade 5+ (Ms. Snyder)
- Pre-Calculus Readiness (Weeks 1–6) Incoming Fall 2018 Grade 5+ (Ms. Das)
- Calculus Readiness (Weeks 1–6) Incoming Fall 2018 Grade 5+ (Ms. Das)
Science with Mr. Winter
- Astronomy – Full Day (Week 1) Incoming Fall 2018 Grade 5+
- Physics Introduction (Week 2) Incoming Fall 2018 Grade 6+
Writing with Ms. Kertis
- The Writer’s Lab (Week 3) Incoming Fall 2018 Grade 5+
Music with Mr. Ingels
- Private Music Lessons (Week 1 & 2) Incoming Fall 2018 Grade 6+*
- BASIS Independent Music Studio Music Camp (Week 2) Incoming Fall 2018 Grade 6+
3. Do you have to be a BASIS Independent student to sign up?
NO: Our program is open to BASIS Independent and non-BASIS Independent students. The summer program is a great way for current BASIS Independent families to continue their experience during the summer. Moreover, the summer program gives non-BASIS Independent families a chance to get to know our world class educators and stellar new campus for the first time, whether they'll eventually consider applying to our program or not.
4. Who teaches your summer enrichment?
Our enrichment summer programs are led by a team of BASIS Independent-trained expert educators and staff, many of whom are full-time teachers at BASIS Independent Brooklyn. Every teacher is a subject expert in their particular summer course.
5. Is there an Early Registration Discount?
Yes! Multi-course registrations qualify for our Early Registration discount:
- Receive a 15% discount when you register for more than one course per student by 11:59 PM EST on May 14, 2018. (Note that the 15% discount is not applicable to the first course registered, but is applicable to each course registered thereafter).
- All courses need to be purchased in one transaction to be eligible for the 15% discount.
- Registration closes May 31. After May 31, you may still register for the summer programs with remaining available spaces or be wait-listed for programs with full capacity. Click on the "Register Now" button to select and pay for your programs using our quick and easy online registration system.
6. When will summer enrichment classes be held and how much do they cost?
- July 9–13
- July 16–20
- July 23–27
- July 30–Aug 3
- Aug 6–10
- Aug 13–17
- Astronomy full-day: 9:00 AM–3:00 PM
- Morning half-day: 9:00 AM–11:30 PM
- Afternoon half-day: 12:30 PM–3:00 PM
- Half-day programs are $375 per week unless otherwise noted.
- Astronomy full day is $725 (includes all fieldtrips)
- In the event of low enrollment, courses are subject to cancellation and the full amount will be refunded (see disclaimer in our fees & policies).
7. Are there other camp options available on campus this summer?
Yes! We have continued our partnership with Sprouts Day Camp and added on a coding and SAT Preparation class:
Sprouts Day Camp for PreK to Grade 4 - Please click here to learn more!
Upperline Code - Please click here to learn more!
College Preparation with Zenith Tutoring
- Test Prep for SAT, ACT, and Subject Tests Fall 2018 Grade 9+