As you seek an educational environment that best meets the needs of your child(ren), we know that you have a lot of questions. Below are answers to the top 8 questions asked this month about the Early Admissions Round.
1. What is the difference between Early Admissions and Regular Admissions?
Early Admissions applicants will receive an admissions decision via e-mail by the end of day on December 6, 2017, while Regular Admissions applicants will receive an admissions decision via e-mail by the end of day on March 1, 2018. From focusing on the spring semester to planning to join a few BASIS Independent McLean community and cultural activities, completing the process early allows you and your child(ren) to begin preparing early for the transition to BASIS Independent McLean.
2. What action do I need to take to meet the Early Admissions deadline?
To apply during the Early Admissions Round, submit the application by November 16, 2017 and complete the application by November 30, 2017.
3. What is required by the application deadline?
Simply submit the online application with a $50 non-refundable application fee. Click here to begin/complete the application.
4. What are the required materials to complete the application?
- Teacher Recommendations from current math and English teachers (Grades 1 and above)
- Transcripts from the current year, and previous two years (Grades 1 and above)
- Entrance Exam (Grades 2 and above)
- Family Meeting (Pre-K and above)
- Play Date (Pre-K-Kindergarten)
5. What will my child(ren) be tested on for the entrance exam?
There are three sections to the entrance exam: math, reading comprehension, and a writing prompt. This is our own testing and does not require pre-exam preparation. Please note that the results of the entrance exam are not shared.
6. What is a family meeting?
A family meeting is a 25-30 minute interview with one of our academic administrators, faculty members, or an Admissions representative. During this meeting, we will get to know your child and family. Your child must attend this meeting; however, if both parents are not available, only one parent is required to attend.
7. What is the deadline for submitting the required materials and completing the family meeting and entrance exam?
All required appointments and supplemental materials must be completed on or before November 30, 2017 for Early Admissions applicants.
8. If I receive an acceptance, when do I need to make a commitment by?
Applicants admitted during the Early Admissions Round have until January 10, 2018 to accept the offer of admission. To accept the offer, you will submit a signed Enrollment Agreement and a non-refundable deposit of $3,000.
Have more questions? Comment below, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, join us for an upcoming Admissions event!