We've enjoyed meeting all of the families who have joined us at an Information Session or an Open House. Many of the questions we receive at our events are usually Admissions-related, so we've compiled a list of the top eight questions below:
1. What is the difference between Early Admissions and Regular Admissions?
Early Admissions applicants will receive an admissions decision via e-mail by end of day on Monday, December 11, 2017. Regular Admissions applicants will receive an admissions decision via e-mail by end of day on Monday, March 12, 2018.
2. When is the application deadline?
The deadline to submit an Early Admissions application is Tuesday, October 31, 2017. The deadline to submit a Regular Admissions application is Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
3. What is required by the application deadline?
The online application, and a $65 non-refundable application fee.
4. What are the required materials to complete the application?
- Teacher Recommendations from current math and English teachers (Grades 1-7)
- Transcripts from the current year, and previous two years (Grades 1-7)
- Standardized Test Scores (Grades 1-7)
- Entrance Exam (Grades 2-7)
- Family Meeting (TK - Grade 7)
- Play Date (TK - Grade 1)
5. What will my child be tested on for the entrance exam?
There are three sections to the entrance exam: math, reading comprehension, and a writing prompt. This is our own testing, and does not require study time. Please note that the results of the entrance exam are not shared.
6. What is a family meeting?
A family meeting is a 25-30 minute interview with either our Admissions team or another Administrative staff member. During this meeting, we would like to get to know your child and family. If both parents are not available, only one parent is required to attend. The child or children applying must attend this meeting.
7. When must the required materials be submitted/completed by?
All required appointments and supplemental materials must be completed on or before Thursday, November 30, 2017 for Early Admissions applicants. For Regular Admissions applicants, all required appointments and supplemental materials must be completed on or before Friday, March 2, 2018.
8. If I receive an acceptance, when do I need to make a commitment by?
For Early Admissions acceptances, we must receive your electronically signed enrollment agreement (via DocuSign) and $2,500 non-refundable deposit before or by 5:00 PM PST on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. For Regular Admissions acceptances, we must receive your electronically signed enrollment agreement and $2,500 non-refundable deposit before or by 5:00 PM PST on Friday, March 30, 2018.